Driving to Times Square? Times Square is one of the most visited places in the world and helped NYC earn the reputation as the city that never sleeps. Everyday is high time in Times Square, so parking is consistently difficult. Read below for our tips to parking near Times Square
This guide offers insight into efficient parking and avoiding crowds around New York City’s top attraction. Below, you can find Times Square garage parking, a list of cheap Times Square parking deals, and Times Square Hotel parking options.
• • •
Cheapest Parking Coupons Near Times Square
Parking near Times Square can be easy if you do some research ahead of time. We have compiled a few of the best deals in the table below, so you can compare and find the best parking solution for your visit. Reserve a parking space ahead of time and remove the stress of parking on the fly!
|Address||Reserve Parking?||Price Range||Distance From Times Square|
|415 W 45th St.||Book Now!||$19- any 3 hours||0.37 mi|
|301 W 53rd St.||Book Now!||$23- any 3 hours||0.35 mi|
721 10th Ave.
|Book Now!||$2o – any 6 hours||0.50 mi|
|225 W 44th St.||Book Now!||$30- any 6 hours||0.14 mi|
|65 W 55th St.||Book Now!||$30 – any 12 hours||0.48 mi|
|404 W 39th St.||Book Now!||$35 – any 12 hours||0.52 mi|
|247 W 46th St.||Book Now!||$40 – any 24 hours||0.14 mi|
• • •
Times Square Garage Parking Reservations
Explore Times Square parking options in the map below and use SpotHero to book a guaranteed space ahead of time!
• • •
Times Square Street Parking
If you choose to attempt street parking, it is best to look for street parking around the periphery of Times Square, not near the center. Drive down 6th Avenue and down the side streets from 42nd until 57th to see if there are any open spaces. After 6pm, is when there is the most availability.
- Broadway Ave has sporadic parking availability but offers the most metered parking options after 6pm. During the day parking is highly restricted and unadvised. SmoothParking is a great resource for real time street parking restrictions.
- ParkNYC parking is $3.50 an hour from 6 p.m. to midnight on weekdays, and between 6 a.m. and midnight on weekends. During the day, fees are higher, or a pass is necessary.
Read street signs with rigor before leaving your car in a street spot. Be mindful of Alt-Parking restrictions depending on the day. Manhattan tow trucks work quickly, so be sure to check @NYCASP, NYCTDOTs twitter feed for an update on Alt-Parking restrictions by zone.
Times Square Alternate-Side Parking
Alt-Parking, short for alternate side parking, are a set of NYC parking regulations that allow for frequent street cleaning in order to combat NYCs excessive street trash. Most areas with enforced alt-side parking are physically marked by a sign that features a red “P” that is crossed out by a broom. All areas marked as alt-side parking are subject to suspension for holidays and emergencies, but typically are on restricted for varying 3 hour time periods.
• • •
Times Square Overnight and Hotel Parking
Overnight Parking in New York can be quite expensive. However, adequate planning and price checking can save a few dollars for your wallet. We have scraped together a few pointers and tools to help you weigh in and plan to make the best decision.
- Staying at a hotel? Sometimes hotels offer discounted parking rates for guests, making it a convenient option if you are staying in a location near Times Square. Most places offer overnight valet or self park for two different prices. If you don’t mind the walk or self-parking, the price can be half as much as the valet service, so be sure to ask the concierge for details and possible deals before making a reservation.
- Feeling lucky? On street parking is definitely the most economically sound option, but also the most difficult and stressful to come by. Certain webpages and mobile apps like SmoothParking or NYCDOT offer real time street parking options by the hour. By nightfall many commercially used street spots offer free parking after 6pm, but are subject to many restrictions and alt-parking schedules. Be mindful of all signage if you choose to leave your vehicle on the street!
- Looking to plan ahead? When dealing with overnight parking, making an online reservation in certainly the most pragmatic and efficient option. Websites like SpotHero and ParkingPanda allow users to compare garage spots and lots nearby, allowing for best rates each destinations has to offer, by avoiding drive up fee inflation.
• • •
Times Square Overnight Parking Deals
|Address||Reserve Parking?||Price Range||Distance from Times Square|
|235 W 50th St.||Book Now!||$21 Weekend/$26 Weekday||0.18 mi|
|110 W 44th St.||Book Now!||$ 30-40||0.21 mi|
|885 6th Ave.||Book Now!||$27-41||0.35 mi|
• • •
Times Square Parking Tips
- Parking is always very limited throughout Manhattan. Try to plan ahead to avoid peak tourist times and heavy parking restrictions during the day. Keep in mind that Times Square and Midtown are consistently some of the most congested areas of the city, so plan ahead to avoid rush hour to better your experience.
- Be sure to read signage with rigor to ensure that your car is not in a spot that has partial restrictions imposed such as alt-side parking or snow removal subjections.
- To save time and money, check out available SpotHero parking venues and reserve yourself a space ahead of time!
• • •
Top Times Square Parking Resources and Coupons
- SpotHero – book discounted parking in Times Square garages online or on your smartphone
- Parking Panda – reserve Times Square parking online
- NYCDOT– read the advice of department of transportation about public and on street parking in Times Square
- Tripsavvy – See what the travel experts have to say about saving money on Times Square parking
- Smooth Parking– be informed on real time parking restrictions by NYC neighborhood
- USAToday– Read travel tips on parking in Times Square