Leaving the city? Odds are you are heading out by train or bus, leaving you at Grand Central or Port Authority. Not sure what to do with your car? Read below to for tips and advice on parking near Port Authority Bus Terminal that will leave you worry free as you take a break from the city lights.
Below, you can find our recommendations for Port Authority Garage parking, Port Authority street parking information, and parking resources that will help your trip to Port Authority all the more easier.
• • •
Port Authority Garage & Lot Parking Reservations
Explore Port Authority parking options in the map below and use SpotHero to book a guaranteed space ahead of time!
• • •
Cheapest Parking Rates Near Port Authority
Parking near Port Authority can be easy if you do some research ahead of time. We have compiled a few of the best deals in the table below, so you can compare and find the best parking solution for your visit. Reserve a parking space ahead of time and remove the stress of parking on the fly!
|Address||Reserve Parking?||Price Range|
|404 W 39th St.||Book Now!||$25 – any 3 hours|
|721 10th Ave.||Book Now!||$20 – any 6 hours|
670 W 43rd St.
|Book Now!||$29 – any 10 hours|
|404 W 39th St.||Book Now!||$35- any 12 hours|
|721 10th Ave.||Book Now!||$40 – any 24 hours|
|249 W 43rd St.||Book Now!||$50- any 24 hours|
|136 W 40th St.||Book Now!||$89 – any 48 hours|
• • •
Port Authority Parking Tips
- Parking in Midtown Manhattan can be extremely difficult. Traffic congestion and the overwhelming amount of pedestrians makes browsing for spots all the more difficult.
- If leaving for more than a few hour, we strongly recommend making a reservation for a garage spot ahead of time to save yourself departure day frustration. Check out what SpotHero has available to ensure a guaranteed spot!
• • •
Port Authority & Lincoln Tunnel Street Parking
If lucky enough, you may come across some space in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood, due west of the station. There is some street parking from 44th to 48th streets in between 9th and 11th avenues, but is subject to Alt-Side restrictions. Alt-Side parking, is a set of parking restrictions that make parking illegal on one side of the street for a few hours a day to allow for street cleaning.Alt-Side parking can be tricky and unpredictable, so we strongly recommend paying close attention to @NYCASP, NYCTDOTs twitter feed for an update on Alt-Parking restrictions by zone.
Available over night street parking is little to none, near Port Authority or any street remotely close. For this reason, we highly recommend making a reservation ahead of time.
To make hourly short term reservations, click here.
To make overnight and long term reservations, click here.
Metered Parking near Port Authority & Lincoln Tunnel
- Other than some 1 hour metered parking on Broadway, street parking near port authority is almost inexistent.
- Rates: Monday through Saturday , $3.00/hour or 50₵ for 10 minutes. Meters are not in effect on Sundays. Pay attention to the parking duration and times listed on the meter.
- Most meters end after 7pm and then become free parking, but be sure to read all signs, because this can vary by location.
Port Authority Garage Parking Options
The Garage Parking at the Port Authority Bus Terminal is managed by LAZ Parking. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Vehicle Entrances at 436 West 40th Street (between Dyer and 9th avenues) and 441 West 39th Street (between 9th and 10th avenues).
Because of it’s ideal location, the garage on top of Port Authority is subject to high fees and prices, be mindful of this while making reservations and day of travel parking decisions.
• • •
Port Authority Parking Resources
- SpotHero – allows you to easily compare parking rates and locations to book parking online or your smartphone
- ParkingPanda– Compare rates for Downtown NYC garages
- NYC.Gov– Official website for city garages and lots
- Yelp – read other NYC drivers’ reviews of Downtown NYC parking garages
- NYCStreetParker– Check out an analysis of available spaces according to NYCDOTs parking regulations
- NYCGO-Check out visitors tips and attractions guide