With 5 million visitors per year, the collections at the Metropolitan Museum of Art hosts more guests than any other attraction in New York City. Many visitors can make for limited parking near the MET, so be sure to research your options by reading our advice below.
Looking to add a parking spot to your exhibit itinerary? See below for our suggestions about, garage parking near the Metropolitan Museum of Art, street parking near the Metropolitan Museum of Art and other MET parking resources.
• • •
Cheap Parking Deals Near The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Parking near The MET can be easy if you do some research ahead of time. We have compiled a few of the best deals in the table below, so you can compare and find the best parking solution for your visit. Reserve a parking space ahead of time and remove the stress of parking on the fly!
|Address||Reserve Parking?||Price Range||Distance From The MET|
|436 E 83rd St.||Book Now!||$14- any 3 hours||0.85 mi|
|115 E 87th St.||Book Now!||$19- any 3 hours||0.40 mi|
200-210 E 89th St.
|Book Now!||$30 – any 6 hours||0.57 mi|
|40 E 89th St.||Book Now!||$37- any 6 hours||0.34 mi|
|246 E 80th St.||Book Now!||$28 – any 12 hours||0.59 mi|
|345 E 80th St.||Book Now!||$28 – any 12 hours||0.72 mi|
|436 E 83rd St.||Book Now!||$29 – any 24 hours||0.85 mi|
• • •
Metropolitan Museum of Art Online Parking Reservations
Explore MET parking options in the map below and use SpotHero to book a guaranteed space ahead of time!
• • •
Garage Parking at The MET
- The Museum parking garage, located at Fifth Avenue and 80th Street, is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Exiting between midnight and 6 am each day requires payment by credit or debit card at the automated exit lane device. A parking discount is available to Museum Members and Patrons during Museum operating hours. Click here for more info.
|Enter 12:00 am–5:00 pm|
|Up to 1||$21||$17|
|Up to 2||$28||$23|
|Up to 3||$35||$30|
|Up to 5||$40||$35|
|Up to 10||$45||$40|
|Max. to 24 hours||$49||$49|
• • •
Metropolitan Museum of Art Street Parking
- 5th and Madison ave, offer the most available free street parking during the day if lucky enough to stumble upon it.
- The earlier, the better your odds!
- The further EAST you venture, the better your luck of finding an on-street spot
Free Metered street parking is available on Sundays.
ParkNYC parking is $3.50 an hour from 6 p.m. to midnight on weekdays, and between 6 a.m. and midnight on weekends. There is limited metered parking throughout the upper east side, we strongly recommend opting for a garage spot here.
Alternate-Side Parking near The MET
The Upper East Side, like much else of manhattan, is subject to Alt-Side parking. Short for alternate side parking, Alt-side parking is known as a set of NYC parking regulations that allow for frequent street cleanings and enforced parking restrictions. Frequently, one side of the street is restricted, and the other is not, hence the Alt-Side restrictions. Most areas with enforced alt-side parking are physically marked by a sign that features a red “P” that is crossed out by a broom. All areas marked as alt-side parking are subject to suspension for holidays and emergencies, but typically are on restricted for varying 3 hour time periods. Usually the time period falls between 8am-11am, so regular parking is in abundance shortly after.
Be mindful of Alt-Parking that is modified daily. Manhattan tow trucks work quickly, so be sure to check @NYCASP, NYCTDOTs twitter feed for an update on Alt-Parking restrictions by zone. Read the NYCDOTs ASP holiday calendar here.
• • •
Top Metropolitan Museum of Art Parking Resources
- SpotHero – book discounted parking in Metropolitan Museum of Art garages online or on your smartphone
- NYCDOT– read the advice of department of transportation about public parking near Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Parking Panda – reserve MET parking online
- TripSavvy– Check out the TripSavvy Guide to visit The MET
- The MET – Read the officials visitors guide for garage and travel tips
- TripAdvisor– Read a recent forum from visitors that have MET parking suggestions and tips!