Madison Square Garden or simply “The Garden”, is touted to be the world’s most famous arena, attracting locals and tourists alike. MSG also ranks as the busiest music arena in the country in terms of ticket sales, and hosts popular annual events throughout the year including a long term Billy Joel residency. As the home of the New York Knicks and New York Rangers, parking near Madison Square Garden is far from easy.
Fear not! This guide provides all encompassing information about parking near Madison Square Garden. See below for our recommendations regarding madison Square Garden parking promotions for nearby lots and garages, street parking information, and other parking resources that are useful for MSG visitors.
• • •
Cheap Parking Near Madison Square Garden
Parking near Madison Square Garden doesn’t have to break the bank. We have compiled a list highlighting the best MSG parking deals and promotions in the table below, so you can compare and find the best parking solution for your visit. Reserving parking online can be an easy solution to your parking dilemma. Services like SpotHero allow drivers to compare parking garages and lots ahead of time and find great deals near their destination.
|Address||Reserve Parking?||Price Range||Distance From MSG|
|220 W 26th St – Valet (weekends only)||Book Now!||$19||0.4 mi|
|106 W 30th St||Book Now!||$25||0.3 mi|
300 W 31st St – Valet
|Book Now!||$30||0.2 mi|
|116 W 32nd St – Valet.||Book Now!||$40||0.3 mi|
• • •
Madison Square Garden Parking Garage & Lot Reservations
Explore MSG parking options in the map below and use SpotHero to book a guaranteed spot ahead of time!
• • •
Street Parking Near Madison Square Garden
Located in the heart of Manhattan, parking near MSG can be challenging especially around the time of events. If you happen to be ahead of schedule or are up for the challenge of street parking near Madison Square Garden, be sure to read our insider tips below in oder to park efficiently.
- Firstly, check Smooth Parking to see predicted availability of street parking ahead of time. Smooth Parking accounts for Alt-Side regulations near Madison Square Garden and cautions towards other temporary parking restrictions.
- There is street parking on most cross streets near MSG (35th, 36th, 37th…) typically in the evenings after 5pm. These spots can be very difficult to find when there is a big event or sports game, so if you are planning on parking on the street, be sure to allow for plenty of time before the start of the event.
- Generally, there are less restrictions on the weekends in the area surrounding the Garden so your best bet to finding free street parking is then.
Manhattan Alternate-Side Parking near Madison Square Garden
Alt-Parking, short for alternate side parking, are a set of NYC parking regulations that allow for frequent street cleaning in order to combat the greater New York Metro ‘s excessive trash. Most areas enforced with alt-side parking are physically marked by a sign that features a red “P” that is crossed out by a broom. Smooth Parking indicates which areas will be under Alt-Side parking, is you adjust the time period and location to where you intend to park. All areas marked as alt-side parking are subject to suspension for holidays and emergencies, but typically are on restricted for varying 3 hour time periods. Check out the NYCDOT twitter feed @NYCASP on alt-side parking to make sure you’re on the right side of the street!
• • •
Getting to Madison Square Garden
Click “Directions” in the top left of the window below for the quickest route to the Madison Square Garden.
• • •
Madison Square Garden Official Parking Information
Handicap Parking at Madison Square Garden
According to the Madison Square Garden website, each of the garages listed have handicap accessible parking options. If you are looking to book with with SpotHero, you can filter by handicap accessible options. Parking options provided in the table above have handicap parking information during the checkout process.
Here are a few other quick facts about handicap parking near Madison Square Garden:
- Individuals with disabilities CAN park on the street around MSG with a valid New York City Special Parking permit
- Be sure to read the instructions on the back of your permit to verify which streets you can park on.
- NYC does not honor the standard blue New York State, New Jersey or Connecticut hang-tag or license plate for on-street handicap parking. You must register with the NYCDOT, which you can do following the link above.
- According to to MSG officials, “Individuals with disabilities who possess a New York City Special Parking Permit have the option to park on 31st, 32nd or 33rd Streets and also on 7th and 8th Avenues. Read more about Handicap parking here
Tailgating at Madison Square Garden
Since there is literally no official parking lot for Madison Square Garden, tailgating is a foreign idea to those who frequent it. We recommend trying nearby bars or restaurants.
• • •
Best Places to Eat Near Madison Square Garden
Search any of these restaurants on the map above to better plan your trip to the Garden.
Heading to a Ranger game? The Flying Puck is a must stop! Located a few steps away from the Garden, the flying puck is a sports bar that should be any Ranger fan’s HQ.
Ben’s is a family-owned and operated restaurant & delicatessen that has been serving up the finest authentic New York Kosher delicatessen and eastern European comfort foods
Located just one block away from Penn Station & Madison Square Garden, Jack Doyle’s is a great place to get a drink before the game or an your way home.
Great Italian Fare located just blocks away from The Garden!
Seven is a restaurant and bar which offers a modern twist to classical dishes.
• • •
Madison Square Garden Parking Resources
- SpotHero – allows you to easily compare MSG parking rates and locations online or on your smartphone
- ParkingPanda – Save time and stress by reserving MSG parking ahead of time with Parking Panda!
- Stadium Parking Guides – Read an all encompassing guide to The Garden, and be prepared with tips for your visit
- TripSavvy– Check out TripSavvy’s visitors guide to the Garden
- Madison Square Garden– See the Madison Square Garden official page for general tip other recommendations
- Parking Panda Blog – Read Parking Panda’s exclusive blog and tips on where to park near Madison Square Garden
- SmoothParking– Offers information about on-street parking options near Madison Square Garden
Sports and Entertainment at Madison Square Garden