No NYC neighborhood has greater historical resonance than Lower Manhattan. Sights like Trinity Church, Federal Hall, Wall Street, One World Trade and the 9/11 Memorial are centuries apart in their creation, but all bring undeniable emotional impact. Whether hitting Downtown Manhattan for business or pleasure, it’s best to think ahead and plan parking at your leisure.
This guide is committed to providing the best insight into parking options in Downtown New York City. Below one can find where to book downtown NYC garage parking reservations, general tips for downtown NYC street parking, and parking resources for New Yorkers and visitors alike.
• • •
Downtown Manahattan Online Garage Parking Reservations
Explore Downtown NYC parking options in the map below and use SpotHero to book a guaranteed space ahead of time!
• • •
Cheapest Parking Deals in Downtown NYC
Parking Downtown can be easy if you do some research ahead of time. We have compiled a few of the best deals in the table below, so you can compare and find the best parking solution for your visit. Reserve a parking space ahead of time and remove the stress of parking on the fly!
|Address||Reserve Parking?||Price Range|
|211 Warren St.||Book Now!||$23 – any 3 hours|
|44 Elizabeth St.||Book Now!||$23 – any 3 hours|
200 Broome St.
|Book Now!||$18 – any 6 hours|
|59 Allen St||Book Now!||$20- any 12 hours|
|158 Watts St.||Book Now!||$30 – any 12 hours|
|106 Mott St||Book Now!||$31- any 24 hours|
|70 Monroe St.||Book Now!||$24 – any 24 hours|
• • •
Downtown Manhattan Parking Tips
Parking in Downtown Manhattan can be quite a difficult task. The crowded narrow streets were not designed for cars and now the dense population makes for limited spots. Although finding street parking is not impossible, you must be prepared for some strategic planning. Be sure to pay careful attention to all signs, especially those about street cleaning, to avoid getting an expensive NYC parking ticket or having your car towed.
• • •
Downtown NYC Street Parking
- Streets in between Broadway to 6th Ave from Houston to Canal offer some on street parking overnight or after 8pm. During the day, on street parking is not available, as consistent with much of lower Manhattan.
- In lower Manhattan, the closer to either perimeter of the island you travel, there are less restrictions and therefore more street parking available. This may require more walking.
Downtown NYC Parking Rates and Meters
- Rates: Monday through Saturday , $3.50/hour or 50₵ for 10 minutes. Meters are not in effect on Sundays. Pay attention to the parking duration and times listed on the meter.
- Most meters end after 7pm and then become free parking unless restricted, but be sure to read all signs, because this can vary by street and location.
Manhattan Alternate-Side & Residential Parking
Downtown NYC and all of lower manhattan does not have residential permit parking. This means that all unmetered street parking is FREE, but subject to many restrictions and yield a high potential for tickets. Due to narrow streets, most of lower manhattan does not offer street parking at anytime. The further north you drive, the more likely you will find streets that allow parking but fall under Alternate Side restrictions. Alt-Side parking, is a set of parking restrictions that make parking illegal on one side of the street for a few hours a day to allow for street cleaning.
Alt-Side parking can be tricky and unpredictable, so we strongly recommend paying close attention to @NYCASP, NYCTDOTs twitter feed for an update on Alt-Parking restrictions by zone.
• • •
Downtown NYC Best Parking Resources
- SpotHero – allows you to easily compare parking rates and locations to book parking online or your smartphone
- ParkingPanda– Compare rates for Downtown NYC garages
- TripSavvy– Read TripSavvy’s guide to NYC Parking garages
- NYC.Gov– Official website for city garages and lots
- Yelp – read other NYC drivers’ reviews of Downtown NYC parking garages
- NYCStreetParker– Check out an analysis of available spaces according to NYCDOTs parking regulations
- NYCGO-Check out visitors tips and attractions guide