Greenwich Village has long been known as the eclectic elbow of New York. Attracting the likes of many artists, including Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Barbara Streisand and many others, Greenwich Village has been a haven to artists throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. Today, it still carries that electrified atmosphere that continues to draw the creative types.
Greenwich Village Parking Tips
Whether day or night, finding Greenwich Village parking is sure to be a challenge. The best option is to look for spots a bit further west. There is some metered parking available in the heart of the West Village. When parking in Greenwich Village, be aware that you have fierce competition. Parking in another neighborhood or a garage would be better options. Don’t forget to look for signs for alternate-side parking. The city is very strict about giving tickets to those who get in the way of street cleaners.
Street Parking Rates:
Rates: Monday through Saturday , $3.00/hour or 50₵ for 10 minutes. Meters are not in effect on Sundays. Pay attention to the parking duration and times listed on the meter.
Most meters end after 7pm and then become free parking, but be sure to read all signs, because this can vary per location.
4 Great Greenwich Village Parking Garage Deals
1. 25 W 13th Street – Park in this garage for only $16!
2. 410 Lafayette Street – Park in this lot for 12 hours for just $29
3. 403 Lafayette Street – Park in this garage for 10 hours for $29
4. 221 Thompson Street – Park in this garage for 12 hours for $25
Greenwich Village Attractions
Washington Square Park
Greenwich Village’s famous Washington Square Park is a refreshing meeting spot and bustling center for cultural activity. Sprawling green lawns dotted with shade trees draw people from all walks of life, including artists, chess players and school children. Popularized by its arch honoring George Washington, which has become a major landmark, as well as its beautiful flowing fountain, Washington Square Park offers an abundance for those seeking a break from the norm. With numerous monuments and facilities throughout, Washington Square Park has more than 9 acres of healthy recreational space in the heart of Greenwich Village. Book parking near Washington Square Park here.
Greenwich Village Parking Resources
- Standard Parking/Central Parking – this large parking company offers parking in 3 garages in Greenwich Village
- TripAdvisor – read the recommendations of site users about Greenwich Village parking
- Yelp – read Yelp users’ reviews of parking in Greenwich Village
- NYC Department of Transportation – get hourly street parking rates in Greenwich Village
- NYC DOT PARK Smart – read about the PARK Smart program in Greenwich Village
Contact Suzannah via Google+