Just east of Greenwich Village, East Village is also a little bohemia for artists. As the center for counterculture in New York, East Village is the birthplace of many eccentric artistic movements, including the punk scene. With such a colorful history, today’s East Village very much represents its early artistic cultural identity.
Top Lower East Side Parking Tips
Like most of New York, Lower East Side parking is no easy feat. You have to know the inside scoop and how to keep up with the pace of NYC. That’s why you’re lucky to have NYC Parking Authority to help!
The Lower East Side has ample unmetered street parking, if you know where to look. You may want to hunt in the areas between East 4th Street and 14th Street, just east of 3rd Avenue. During weekdays, it is easier to find Lower East Side parking further east, while on the weekends, good parking can be found in the west. Also, most of the metered parking is located in the west of the Lower East Side. The closer to Williamsburg Bridge, the harder it is to find parking. Pay attention to street cleaning hours by looking for the posted signs with the red “P” inside of a circle and crossed by a broom.
Lower East Side Street Parking Rates:
Rates: Monday through Saturday , $3.00/hour or 50₵ for 10 minutes. Meters are not in effect on Sundays. Pay attention to the parking duration and times listed on the meter.
Most meters end after 7pm and then become free parking, but be sure to read all signs, because this can vary per location.
5 Best Lower East Side Parking Garage Rates
1. 54 Suffolk Street – Park in this lot in the heart of the Lower East Side for only $15
2. 24 Columbia Street – Park in this covered garages for $17
3. 275 Delancey Street – Park at this covered garage right on Delancey Street for $17
4. 70 Monroe Street – Park at this covered garage for $16, also offers multiple day parking
5. 89 Chrystie Street – Park at this valet garage just Northwest of the center of the LES for $15
Popular Lower East Side Attractions
Lower East Side Parking Resources
- SpotHero – book discounted Lower East Side parking online in advance by comparing parking rates and locations
- Delancey and Essex Municipal Garage (Yelp) – read customer reviews of the Delancey and Essex Municipal Garage on Yelp
- Yelp – read customer reviews of various Lower East Side parking garages
- Standard Parking/Central Parking – this national parking company offers parking in four Lower East Side parking garages
- ***LowerEastSideNY.com – get FREE Lower East Side parking at the Visitor Center at 54 Orchard Street***
- Icon Parking Systems – this large regional parking company offers Lower East Side parking at 303 Elizabeth Street
- BestParking.com – compare Lower East Side parking rates on this website
- CitiDex – view a list of Lower East Side parking lots and garages with their addresses and contact information
- DNAinfo New York – read about an insider FREE Lower East Side parking deal
Contact Suzannah via Google+