Just east of Greenwich Village, the East Village is a little bohemia for artists. As the center for counterculture in New York, the East Village is the birthplace of many eccentric artistic movements, including the punk scene. Enjoy the East Village’s unique style and culture through shops and restaurants.
East Village Parking Tips
Parking in the East Village can be quite cumbersome. The crowded streets were not designed for cars and now the dense population fights for limited spots. Although finding street parking is not impossible, you must be prepared for some strategic planning. Be sure to pay careful attention to all signs, especially those about street cleaning, to avoid getting an expensive NYC parking ticket or having your car towed.
During weekdays, it is easier to find East Village parking further east, while on the weekends good parking can be found on the west side of the neighborhood. Most metered parking is located on the west part of the East Village. Note that the closer you are to the Williamsburg Bridge, the harder it is to find parking.
Street Parking Rates:
Rates: Monday through Saturday , $3.00/hour or 50₵ for 10 minutes. Meters are not in effect on Sundays. Pay attention to the parking duration and times listed on the meter.
Most meters end after 7pm and then become free parking, but be sure to read all signs, because this can vary by location.
Cheapest East Village Parking Garage Rates
1. 2430 FDR Drive East Service Road – Park at this covered garage located just North of the heart of the East village for an unbeatable rate of $13!
2. 54 Suffolk Street – Park at this handicap accessible lot that accepts mobile reservations for $15.
3. 24 Columbia Street – Park at this garage on the corner of Columbia and Delancey for just $17.
4. 275 Delancey Street S – Park at this garage also on the corner of Columbia and Delancey for $17.
5. 200 E 15th Street – Park at this valet garage located Northwest of the center of the East village for only $18.
East Village Attractions
East Village Hotels
East Village Parking Resources
- SpotHero – allows you to easily compare parking rates and locations to book parking in the perfect East Village garage for you
- Citysearch – provides a list of garages and parking companies in the East Village with reviews
- Wikitravel – a travel guide to the East Village that contains additional parking advice
- City-Data.com – read East Village parking tips and advice from other City-Data users
- Standard Parking/Central Parking – this large parking company has garages throughout NYC including the East Village
- NY Daily News Local Business Directory – an online directory for local East Village parking garages with directions
- ParkWhiz – an online resource for reserving East Village garage parking
- Icon Parking Systems – one of NYC’s largest parking companies, offers parking in two East Village parking garages
- Yelp – read other NYC drivers’ reviews of East Village parking garages
Contact Suzannah via Google+